Monday, April 20, 2009

Laundry Lessons

So I have decided I am fed up with doing everyone's laundry.  So I have started Reed on his own!  It may be a bit soon to set him free on the task, but it certainly was nice to at least have him working on it, too!  He will do it once every week and a half, and it will be a money chore for him, so I don't feel too bad.  (One Whole Dollar!)  

I walked him through the process last week, with little trouble.  But he was very concerned after opening the dryer when the first load was completed!  I had cleaned out the lint trap really well before this load (because there were literally ROCKS in my DRYER!  another blog....) and this load was a lot of jeans and stuff like that.  So when there was no visible lint in the trap, he exclaimed, "OH NO!  My clothes didn't get clean!!!" 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Tell me how that goes. I did start Sam with her own at age 9... and Reed is much more trainable I think that Sam!! Well he is nicer.... have fun! Lesley

Jess said...

Well perhaps he will LOVE IT!

Judy said...

Way to go! I'm impressed with you training him so early. I started the girls doing their laundry in Middle School, when I found out they were trying on different clothes and dropping them, then I washed them and hung them up! I was so mad, when I figured out the terrible game. I wrote down the instructions and posted them over the washer and dryer, and I was free at last!