Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I am a Person

If I hear or see any more references to Brent Favre, I just might spit.

Yes. I'm mad.

Ryan & I have been involved in ministry for more than 15 years. In that time we have hastily finished up a ministry before we were ready. It was very much a growing-up period, where we learned to keep our mouths shut for the greater good, & it definitely strengthened our bond to each other. The lessons I learned there are priceless, and some I don't care to have to learn again! :)

We had worked for years building up a church and its people. We knew we did not want our labor to be in vein by destroying what we had worked to build. Some of our relationships have continued; others have waned. We know that life has gone on there without us, as it should have and as we have wanted. Some people have already forgotten about us, I'm sure. But I sure do hope that when they speak of their current success, they don't say, "We don't need that Brain & Kara!!" (hahaha, yuk, yuk, yuk, let's make a t-shirt that says that)! That would break. my. heart.

Because I'm a person. With feelings. I treat with respect. I expect to be treated likewise.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

I will never forget about you my dear friend!

Shelly said...

I too will never forget you! Your sweet family loved and accepted me (and my daughter) right where I was in life. Didn't matter that I was a single Mom. Didn't matter that I had baggage-emotional and otherwise. You and Ryan accepted me and loved me and haven't stopped. I love you (and your kiddos) both!