Saturday, March 8, 2008

Golden Chicken Nuggets--Recipe Request

So a few of you asked for the nugget recipe from Valentine's Day. This has been a family favorite since I was a girl. My mom made it special for birthday dinners. I guess the recipe came to her from my sister Judy.

Also, I am soooo tired of just heated veggies as a side dish for supper. If you have a great way to "spice up" (really, no pun intended) your vegetable side dishes, please share them with me.

Golden Chicken Nuggets

Cut Chicken breasts (1 per serving or less) in 1" pieces.

Mix:
1 egg
1/2 c water
3/4 t salt
1/2 c flour
2 T. sesame seeds (opt.)
dash of paprika

Heat 2 cups oil in large skillet.

Dip Chicken in batter and place in oil one layer at a time.

Cook 5 minutes or until golden brown. I usually turn mine, depending on the depth of the oil.

Drain on paper towel. Serve as immediately as possible.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Just add bacon grease to your green beans & asparagas. Yummy and oh so healthy right?