Monday, March 31, 2008

Sadness

I have a sense of sadness creeping into everything I am doing the past few days. I am not sad for myself, but for my friends, the Tolberts. They have sadness permeating every part of them right now.

They lost their baby girl, Norah Rose, at 21 weeks along.

At the first sign of the problem, she had called us to pray and hear of those around us who had experienced similar situations. I tried to offer as much hope as I could without being in denial about the gravity of the situation. I "worried" my prayers that day, praying for the Author of Life to sustain this precious life and Jehovah-Rapha to heal the problem.

I am always a bit offended by the argument that we should not be surprised when God answers our requests in prayer. Who are we to offer a nonchalant "Yeah, I knew he would,"? But what is our response to be when he doesn't?

I know God knows the plans he has for us. And I am very thankful that I DON'T! Praise to our LORD, the Everlasting Father!

No comments: