Sunday, September 7, 2008

From My Sister Beth

I hate to get political, but...

(An email from my sister in Denver)

I just read an interview in the Denver Post with David Freddoso, the author of The Case Against Barack Obama: The Unlikely Rise and Unexamined Agenda of the Media’s Favorite Candidate. It sounds like an interesting book. Has anyone read it or heard about it? (denverpost.com, Sept. 7, Perspective Section – By the Book, 6D, in case you want to read the article:)
One of the questions that the Post asked: “Involvement in the Chicago political machine would in all probability stop most people from seeking the presidency. How has Obama been able to avoid substantive questions about his relationship with not only Tony Resko and Bill Ayers, but other unsavory characters like Emil Jones and Todd Stroger?”
Freddoso answer: “It’s a simple case of national reporters who don’t bother to read up on Chicago politics or talk to people in that town. I had people beating down my door at the Evans-Novak Political Report in 2006, trying to get me to cover Stroger’s election, because it really looked like the reformers had a chance to defeat the machine. Conservatives and liberals came together for the common good, and Obama thwarted them.”
We met someone in Rocky Mtn. Nat’l Park last week from Illinois that said that the Ill. Governor is thought so corrupt that he was not invited to speak when Obama announced his candidacy in Springfield, Il or at the DNC. I guess that is part of Obama distancing himself from that organization.

No comments: