Yet again that happened this year so I just want to give him a few of the kudos he deserves here. There are so many reasons why I love an respect him. Here are just a few:
- He's a stand up guy who will do the right thing even when it isn't easy. He has faced this issue many times, and I know he doesn't enjoy it. But I always have the confidence in his character that he will do what's right, even when I don't feel comfortable with it.
- He's a great husband! My sisters-in-law tell me I got the romantic in the family! Even if it's not all flowers and chocolates all the time, he always tries to take care of me: giving the kids breakfast so I can catch a few more zzzs, letting me go out with the girls, ALWAYS putting gas in the van so I don't have to, preparing financially for the present and the future, etc., etc., etc.
- He's a super dad! Not only does he take responsibility for the hard part of parenting ("You're gonna have to talk to your dad when he get's home." "NO, please, No!"), he always makes sure the kids know he loves them. And he plays all those games with them that, frankly, I can't watch all the time!
- He is not afraid to try anything! Seriously! Car repair, home repair, yard work, ANYTHING! I mean, one time he cut a hole in the side of our house and had a window installed by nightfall! Impressive!
- He puts up with a lot! Not just from me, but the kids, and a lot of other people, too. And he usually does it with a pretty good attitude!
- And don't tell him or anyone else I said this, but he's funny! In fact, he's the funny dadest Reed has!