Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Homeschool

There are times that I feel guilty for finishing our planned "morning" school work early. Like today. Language arts, Bible, and math all done by 11:07. Maybe I should fill up this time with more school. Review? Practice? Educational game?

But at the suggestion, my students balk. When morning school is done, they get to play together.

So I relent. Extra recess it is.

And I am so glad I did.

Because right now the three of them are working on a movie set. They are planning on "making" a movie with the video baby monitor.

That is not an educational experience you capture in a lesson plan.

1 comment:

Nell said...

I had a lot of empty time as a child, too, when being homeschooled. I really enjoyed reading and playing. I bet my Mom really enjoyed the free time too!

Nell