Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Much Rejoicing

There is much rejoicing in the Nelson household today. Ryan has sent off his paper for final review by his professor. He really looks like a different person today. I'm trying to decide if it's just because he doesn't have computer attached to his hands, or if it's the natural light coming from sources other than the computer screen, or if he truly looks more relaxed. We are hoping the comments that come back this time will mean only minor revisions.

He even woke Reed up last night and told him he was done. This morning after waking me up with the gentle back-rub (he is a very smart boy), Reed's second question (after how long till I can come out of my room?) was, "Did Daddy tell you he was done with his paper?" Reed is glad he is done so he can "just be a Daddy again." We are all glad for that.

One good thing that came out of the last minute rush to finish: Ryan was able to use a line on a telemarketer that you don't get to use very often--"My master's thesis paper is due today, so I really can't take this call." They hung up with no argument!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations Ryan! What a long road and what an accomplishment. Can I borrow that comment though? It seems to be a winner!